Finding peace amid the chaos

Monday, March 13, 2017



It was dawn when I set my foot on the first train aboard to the so called hidden gem of West Java
A total of 3 hours commuting get me into a peaceful sight of paddy fields and the mountain
But the beauty of its landscape slowly fades away by my work-related expectation
I was chased by my own time, thoughts, and efforts

Having lived in a fast paced city, wasting time gave me an uneasy feeling
It let me down to a sudden disappointment when all the plans were screwed up
While this happened, I found myself wanted to scream
But luckily my heart didn't let it happen

Instead, it reminded me to breathe for a second and enjoy a brief moment of revelation
It was when the sky turned into purple pink and I slept my way through the sound of cricket singing lullaby
The next day, Kathleen Collins' short story calmed me down
Before braving myself getting into the two wheels, followed by another three hours train ride back home




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger