Analog Diary : Pulau Seram, Maluku

Friday, January 13, 2017



I almost forgot how I like being surrounded by open air and the sea until we took our year-end trip to the long forgotten island, Pulau Seram, Maluku. It was my first experience crossing island in the Banda Sea that most of the time gave me chills. Since I always treasure my time on the road, I couldn't think of any ideal situation for a 2-hour boat ride than to enjoy it on the front deck. Our journey started from Tulehu to Amahai, and another 3-hour road trip until we reach Desa Saleman to the so-called Maldives of Indonesia, Ora Beach.

I'm sharing with you some of my favorite photos taken with the film during the trip and if you feel like reading longer stories and insights (how to get there, what to explore, etc), kindly head to this link: here where I contributed a post for I Like Local.



Taking a smaller boat from Saleman Village to Ora Beach. The nature and color of Maluku simply remind me of a beautiful landscape that we often find in our history book about Indonesia. As much as I hate the very hot weather, I can definitely get used to this kind of view of hills and the sea which perfectly aligns together.



Mata Air Belanda, a natural phenomenon of a crazy clear river which comes from a spring that flows right to the beach. Surrounded by a lush of greens and sound of forest birds chirping, it felt like I was in the middle of Amazon, or nowhere to be exact!



Locals and their daily activities at the floating village, Sawai.  From the moment we arrived, I was greeted by happy kids playing with used plastic glass, locals busy doing their laundry and a kid taking his morning bath in the river. I can honestly say that the locals here are blessed by the spring.




Morning light at Saleman Village. The last two photos from my last roll of film before we headed back to Ambon to catch our evening flight. The last one was a shot of a public elementary school. Thank you Maluku for reminding me of how beautiful my country and people are.


Cheers,
Fransisca Angela

6 comments:

  1. i love this. there are just so many places in Indonesia that I haven't visited too. I'd love to go to this place someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niken! It is also one of my goals to explore more of our country :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sanne! Glad you stumbled upon my blog :)

      Delete
  3. It's so beautiful and raw. The color of the ocean is wow! I love what you did to the page and so happy to see a post again. Can't wait for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, it's the beauty of shooting with film I guess :) Hope you're doing well!

      Delete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger