Akemi Shibata's Patchwork and Quilting Workshop

Sunday, June 22, 2014








Some random photographs from a patchwork and quilting workshop by Akemi Shibata which held by Mutiara Workshop. She's a professional quilter coming all the way from Japan  with more than 30 years of experience. Too bad I didn't take her photograph though, but she's a very nice person! I recently just go through the cyber world and read about patchwork and quilting technique and it's surprisingly interesting. 

I love the creative process of putting different patterns and colors and turns it into one beautiful creation. I honestly would like to learn the basic steps from Shibata herself. The next thing to do might be putting my name on the list for their next workshop, yes? How's your week? And any plan for summer holiday?

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I am thrilled to have just discovered your wonderful blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too kind! Thank you for dropping by and am glad you enjoy your visit Sarah :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried patchwork before! Let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post it as soon as I join their next course :)

      Delete
  3. Such a nice event! And beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger