35mm Journey

Wednesday, June 4, 2014






Finally!! I developed 5 film rolls from my previous journey to both Borneo and Ranu Kumbolo last year. It actually took me more than 5 months to be able to find a trustworthy film lab in Jakarta and to be honest I couldn't find it. So I feel grateful when someone kindly offered me his helping hands to develop my films in Bandung. Despite my excitement towards film photography, it feels sad to see the quality of film lab in Jakarta nowadays.

Photographs above are taken during my trip to Ranu Kumbolo, we were heading back to Ranu Pani and the view along the way was breathtaking! I still remember how I was humming to Fleet Foxes' Ragged Wood while coming down from the mountain. The song immediately become a soundtrack to this journey. More photographs are coming! Thank you for dropping by lovely people!

"Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long. The spring is upon us, follow my ornate song. Settle down with me by the fire of my yearning. You should come back home, back on your own."

16 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!can't express how much like these photos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these are so beautiful, they turned out so well! I just got a roll of film developed where only 8 out of 24 pictures turned out... oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I think that's what makes film interesting, hopefully you'll get the whole pics on your next attempt :))

      Delete
  3. They look wonderful and I'm so happy for you! They turned out great and it's so nice you found a trustworthy place. My first roll had 0 photos...and I think there may be something wrong with my Canon AE-1, or it may just be me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful to find someone who's very kind to offer me his helping hands and develop this film! Noo, sorry to hear that, I think you didn't put the film correctly?.

      Delete
  4. bagus! cuci dimana sis? seni abadikah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau nggak salah namanya Chandra Foto, ini juga kebetulan nitip trid x)

      Delete
  5. I have to wait until I get back to Sydney ever since my only trusted lab closed down. Jakarta is massive, why is it so hard to find a decent lab?!

    Anyways. I seriously love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, there's no worse feeling than hearing your trusted lab closed down :(

      Photo and media industry in Jakarta are being consumed by the fast growing digital camera era, the quality of film lab here is also poor. Thank you for your kind words Grace xx

      Delete
  6. Oh heck yes, Fleet Foxes goes so well with a scenery like this. It looks so amazing. You always make camping or outings like that look incredible...and well, I guess they are. It's a shame film labs nowadays aren't doing great. :( But I adore these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? I love that song even more ever since I got back from my trip. Thank you Louise, it was such a memorable experience.

      Delete
  7. incredibly gorgeous and beautiful. perfect.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger