Affandi Museum, Jogjakarta

Wednesday, September 11, 2013












Hi! It's been a while since my last post and I hope you're doing well. This post contains some of my photography addiction towards interior, buildings, and colors which located at Affandi Museum, Jogjakarta. The museum itself is a dream home and workshop built by the maestro, Mr. Affandi before he passed away in 1990.

I personally adore his works and the way he see things within his own idealism. I'm no expert in painting nor arts, but I can tell how Affandi's works and passion had influenced his daughters, Kartika and Rukmini. There are 3 parts of workshop in the museum, the first belongs to Affandi's works, followed by his daughter's works, and the last workshop which is my personal favorite is dedicated to the youth generation who wants to showcase their works for a larger audience. I honestly was so dearly in love with the museum, the building is well constructed, and has its own uniqueness. This place is obviously worth a visit! x

Affandi Museum
Jl. Laksda Adisucipto 167 
Yogyakarta, Indonesia 
Phone : +62 274 562593

6 comments:

  1. It does look rather special, I like the use of colours so much! Light-blue walls aren't so often used in museums (or at least not in Europe). I like it! This will definitely be on my list for when I someday can visit Indonesia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really exciting if you visit Indonesia, amen to that! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the concept of this museum! And the interior looks really interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a unique place and such interesting art work. Love to go to museum and appreciate what they have to offer. Thanks for sharing this with us, and I hope others living in Indonesia visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Amazing pleace!

    Enjoy and follow me if u like:
    www.vacuumshadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger