Batik Painting Art Centre, Jogjakarta

Thursday, July 11, 2013









All those beautiful imagery pieces of art above was not developed with the usual painting technique like what a painter normally does. It's a combination between the fundamental form of painting with Indonesia's heritage art called "Batik". I'm so happy to had this chance of embracing my culture by visiting the Batik Painting Art Centre in Jogjakarta. 

The place itself was formed by a kindhearted middle age man named Hery, he held several workshops everyday for children and also tourists who have a deep interest in the Batik technique. I worship these people who's been so passionate about keeping our tradition alive, ever since the Batik technique was exquisite.

--
Brace yourself, a long summer holiday has finally arrived. I've been waiting for this break since forever! Will be making plans and make the best out of it (hopefully). Thank you for dropping by wonderful people! :) 

11 comments:

  1. wow, the paintings look amazing! All my respect to people who have the patience and talent to make them. *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I adore batik painting. I still have one on my wall that my parents brought from Indonesia years and years ago. It's so mesmerizing!!

    Have fun on you lonnng summer holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting to know that you actually have one!! Thank you Louise, hoping the same for your summer as well :))

      Delete
  3. Oh I've never heard of Batik painting before, these pieces look really nice! Hooray for summer holidays, hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these make me eager to get right to Jogja in August! And i love the first photo the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally for me, there's always a reason to visit Jogjakarta. Hope you have a wonderful time there :)

      Delete
  5. I love batik! And beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so talented! I'm always in love with your shots... ;3
    http://35mmodreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger