Genuine House

Wednesday, June 26, 2013







I fancy the color of their doors, the green plants, and most importantly the originality of these ordinary yet beautiful houses in Jogjakarta. It's kinda rare to find such genuine houses in this so called metropolitan city. The view of my daily life is either a sky scrapper building or a huge amount of motorcycles. So, I enjoy every moment spent while strolling around the neighbourhood in Jogjakarta. It's peaceful and feels exhilarating!

“Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together. Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go.” ― Sarah Dessen

How's your week? Do you have any plan for the summer holiday? I would like to know :)
Thank you for dropping by and have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

  1. I thought it was just me who adored all those colors from what mundane people call "kumuh" area! I love these pictures. If photos could tell a lot about the people taking 'em, i would really like to meet you--you seem really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Putri! I'm glad that you appreciate what I'm doing. Personally I really enjoy being around those kind of surroundings, I think they're the "real" ones *if you know what I mean haha*
      A meet up would be nice! Let's :)

      Delete
  2. I could go on strolls through the neighborhood with my camera all day. These were wonderful captures, love the designs!
    *And thanks for your tip on a film camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and it's my pleasure :)) I hope you'll find a film camera that suits your needs. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. The colour of the doors really is quite something, I love colored aspects within houses or architecture in general. These houses seem quite peaceful. I don't have much on yet, for my summer holidays but working and getting my drivers-licence. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite a fan of architecture in general too, especially with colors and patterns. They make this world a better place to live, right? :)
      Indeed it was peaceful being around the neighborhood even tho I can't see what's inside the house. Funny thing, the owner of the first house approached me when I was busy taking pics of his house and he's sooo nice.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your blog and your photography! :) I follow you, you're very inspiring!
    http://35mmodreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Julia! I'm glad that you enjoy reading my blog. Have a wonderful day :)

      Delete
  5. Those houses are really cute, especially the coloured doors. I love seeing interesting houses around.

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger