China Trip :The Land of a Thousand Hills

Monday, July 4, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We traveled all the way around to the south of China. Our destination was Nanning - Guilin - Yangshou - Haikou - Sanya. Let's start with Guilin.

Guilin is one decent city which surrounded by so many hills. I would like to named Guilin as the land of a thousand hills. It's beautiful and kinda weird at the same time, seeing so many buildings and people blend along with those hills as the background. Guilin has 4 lakes and each of them are stick together with a bridge. Government predict that the population will increase to its higher level which is 1,5 million people by next year.

The local people were so nice it depends on how you react with them. Mostly I started to say hi to them in Chinese (ni hao). I found the words "ni hao" is very addicting and turns out to be my new favorite words =D

in Nanning you can't see those beautiful hills as much as you could see in Guilin. Nanning hosts an annual exhibition that held every October in China & also just raised its popularity due to a very quick development in the last 5 years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And as I always mention how much I adore kids, surprisingly I met this local kid named Xang Ni & her father at the nearest KFC to our hotel. They're so friendly it's hard to resist the fact not to love them (look at how cute she was in her tutu dress). We had a little chit-chat for awhile & thank God her father can speak English. Most people I met in China speak Chinese and barely can speak English. Even once I asked for mineral water and all they reacted was "..." , it was a bit depressing I must admit it.
And since we don't speak the language, every unspoken words were delivered with body language or else that well-understood.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The last 3 pictures are a glimpse from our boat trip in Yangshou (Shangrila Yangshou), it was really beautiful. I was stood there mesmerized by the beauty of its scenery. I'm telling you it was such an experience. Hopefully I can share the video with you.
Bye for now

20 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures as usual!! china is so pretty, I need to go back. I have Southern China / Yunnan on my "to-go" list for quite a while already. Until I go, I enjoy your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i missed your posts! <3 these photographs are breathtaking. ah i love how you captured the people and those umbrellas! (: love that instax as well! looking forward to more beautiful photographs, love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photographs of Guilin and Yangshou are so beautiful. I haven't been to either of the two cities in China and just by looking at your photos, makes me want to travel there :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. as: Thank you honey! I love your photos. Beautiful light and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are such lovely photos of places i so want to visit. I'm glad i stubbled across your blog! .x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such interesting photos! I'd love to visit
    xx
    I LIKE IT FAST

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly love you comment that ni hao is your new favorite word. That is such a wonderful thing to say! Wow! These photos are beautiful and you seem to embrace your travels with such a sense of being open to the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have such a good eye! love your style of photography. totally following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pictures! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You went to China?!! Oh, your photographs get better and better with every post!

    China is such a mysterious and beautiful place. I love the umbrellas, hills and rivers. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the photos looks so amazing! The little girl in the blue tutu dress is so adorable!! :D

    Sounds like your trip was loads of fun. So jealous that you go a chance to go and visit China! :D It looks like it so peaceful out there.

    Hope you can share the video of your trip soon!

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i totally loved looking through this photo story! so gorgeous. i always get jealous when i see pics like these :)



    Style Interplay

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are great, and the nature ones are especially gorgeous! Glad you got to travel there. My parents are from China but I've only ever been to Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always wanted to go to China. It looks absolutely beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, such fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful environment. I can't wait for the day when we sail into the waters of South East Asia. Not many months left before we're supposed to arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all your kind words and comments. I appreciate all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what beautiful photos! i can't wait to go to china now!

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger