National Museum Day

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

If only there's this "10 places people should take care of before dooms", Museum ought to be on that list. Seriously, going to a decent mall on weekend with a bunch of friends is really great but it cost lot of money. Why don't we go to museums instead?

Last Wednesday was pretty much neat for me and 2 other friends. As it was a "National Museum Day" ,all the museums in Jakarta were opened for free to public. Managed myself to woke up earlier then took a public transportation for a museum trip!
Our first destination was Museum Fatahillah > Museum Bank Indonesia > Museum Bank Mandiri.
My favorite museum is definitely Museum Bank Indonesia, I love how everything turns out really well organized there. Not to mention how they put the whole historical stuffs on such a strong yet modern display which I like.
I really look forward for another museum trip, anyone?

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! You make museums look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta photos! All the museums look very interesting. I just visited a museum a few days ago and it's definitely a wonderful experience getting to see such wonderful pieces all made by great artist :)

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great images of a museum..
    It took a while till they opened.
    But in the end I could enjoy them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much and the same to you! Theese photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aah, love your photos. not just this post, but the other too. you're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love museums and these pictures! There are only a few here and they get boring after a several visits, which is probably why I don't go very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came over here from Brenda's site, and your photography is amazing. Your angles and depth of field is blowing me away:)
    I'll definitely be back!!
    xo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting museums. Your photos make it look amazing.

    Thank you for the DSLR recommendation! I will definitely look into the Canon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and the museum seems interesting =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful post! i want to explore there..

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great is this??? You're so right! I'd rather visit a museum instead of the mall.

    We have monthly free museums days too and I think you just inspired me to visit a museum this weekend :D Your photos are awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures.. I am usually only interested in art museum but looking at this i think i should definitely try visiting other type.. great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love museums. This one looked lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photos. I always love going to museums, but none of my friends want to go & my hubby doesn't have any interest in it either :(

    ReplyDelete

 

closer to home © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger